Custom Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Mantle Magic


Hi friends!
We did something crazy this weekend. We didn't start the weekend planning a project but an unexpected sleepover for Graham turned Saturday into project day. 
I'd wanted to do something cool with our mantle/tv area for awhile and after a little Pinterest browsing we set off for lowes.

Here is the before-

The first step was to paint the brick.

Then Corey started working on the surround.


And then I repainted the brick. I originally whitewashed the brick but it was too white so I painted it a creamy gray.

Then it was time to paint the surround and mantle.


I LOVE the color we chose. It is the perfect moody gray. 


The next project is to make a wreath to hang on the glass and Corey is going to make a pallet box for the mantle for flowers. I'll post another picture when those two little projects are done 😊

No comments

Post a Comment

For the Love of Burlap . All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.